West Row Pear Tree
closed 1988 circa
grid reference TL 672 758
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
West Row is part of the Mildenhall parish
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 11/04/2015
Now residential, the building dates from the late 18th or early 19th century.
A report in the Bury & Norfolk Post & Suffolk Herald** on 15 Jun in 1886 states that :
Mildenhall Petty Sessions: Extension of time: Norman at Pear Tree, West Row - 1 hour on 21 June
In June 1982 edition of Last Orders*** it was reported that the Pear Tree (GK pub) had reopened after being closed for about a year for rebuilding work to be completed - only to be closed again just a week afterwards due to a fire.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)