High St, IP13 6EL
grid reference TM 292 527
(details under review)
- Mon: 1200-1400, 1700-2300
- Tue: closed
- Wed-Thu: 1200-1500, 1700-2300
- Fri: 1200-1500, 1600-2330
- Sat: 1200-2330
- Sun: 1200-2100
- Mon, Wed, Thu: 1230-1400, 1830-2100
- Fri: 1230-1400, 1830-2130
- Sat: 1230-1430, 1830-2130
- Sun: 1230-1600
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Ufford is Suffolk Coastal
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 05/04/2016
A large two bar building located alongside the former main road (once the A12) which has since been by-passed.
Offers a range of beers and food.
The Crown was originally built as a farmhouse in the 17th century.
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Traditional separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Real coal or log fire
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 1.9 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** historic newspaper information from John Martin)
NOTE: A messuage equates to a dwelling-house and may include outbuildings, orchard, curtilage or court-yard and garden - this may have been an earlier structure to the current property.
The crown is a simple sign to show loyalty to the reigning monarch and apart from the commonwealth era (1648-60) has been a pub sign for over 600 years.