Stowmarket Rose & Crown
32 Bridge St
grid reference TM 052 580
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 02/04/2016
A one-time beer house and brewpub. The full publican license wasn't granted until March 2nd 1960.
Originally was a beer house & probably started by William Turner and later his son Joseph.
George Daiper was the landlord from 1875 to 1898. The last Victorian independent brewer in Stowmarket, George also ran the Crown Brewery associated with the beer house.
Owned by Greene King by 1916. Closed 1992
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)