The Street, IP29 4HU
grid reference TL 873 530
opened circa 1840
(details under review)
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Shimpling is Babergh
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 09/10/2015
A traditional pub with exposed beams and flagstone floors.
It was built in the 16th century but only converted into a pub in the 19th.
Reportedly closed at present but it's hoped that it may reopen in November.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)