Rickinghall Superior Hamblyn Househistorical era: late 20th century
opened 16th cent
The Street, IP22 1BN
grid reference TM 046 757Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II*
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 06/06/2017
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, Hamblyn House was already an inn by 1508.
The large lounge was dominated by a large fireplace.
The parish boundary runs through the building, following the course of an underground stream.
In the June/July 1981 edition of Last Orders*** it was reported that Geoff & Ros were then offering beers from Tolly Cobbold, Adnams & Abbot on handpump.
It's now a private residence after a short spell as a restaurant.
The pub was owned by St Peter's brewery for a while in the late 1990s, during the early days of this local brewery.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)