previously known as: Queen's HeadReal Ale
The Street, IP13 7AD
grid reference TM 249 606
bar / diner
(details under review)Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Tue-Thu: 1200-1500
- Fri-Sat: 1200-1500, 1700-2300
- Sun: 1200-1800
This pub regularly serves 2 guest beers
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Brandeston is Suffolk Coastal
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 19/07/2016
The timber lined interior has been extensively refurbished to a high standard. The pub has a good reputation for food.
Renamed in early 2016.
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Queen's Head was originally built circa 1447, but the current building dates from 1956 after it had to be rebuilt following a fire.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
WiFi available (a charge may apply)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)