grid reference TM 166 594
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 27/03/2016
A reference in the Ipswich Journal*** on 16 Aug 1740 states : J. Muttitt at the Bull Inn, Petaugh (unclear if landlord)
A reference in the Ipswich Journal*** on 25 Aug 1744 to the Bull at Petaugh.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jan 1835 states :
To be sold by auction, on the premises of the Bull Inn, Pettaugh, 170 lots of genuine household furniture, beds, bedding, and miscellaneous effects, the property of Mr James Howe, who quits immediately and emigrates to America.
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 20 Jun in 1856 states that :
the Bull in Petaugh, occupied at a rental of £36 per annum by Messrs. Stevens, who were under notice to quit on 06 April 1857 following the sale of the Beehive Brewery in Diss, which owned 4 public houses & other property. The other Inns were the Beehive in Diss & The Cross at Withersdale & the Half Moon at Rushall.
In 1861 listed in Framsden Rd
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)