Parham Willoughby Arms
previously known as Plasterers' Arms?
closed 1987 c
grid reference TM 306 603
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
Parts of the building date from the 16th century, with 17th century additions.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Sep 1855 states that :
To be sold by auction, by the direction of the Executors of Mr John Howel, Blacksmith and Innkeeper, deceased, the household furniture and miscellaneous effects; comprising featherbeds, bedding, , post bedsteads, dining and other tables, mahogany bureau, Kidderminster carpet 12ft square, 30 hour clock in wainscot case, Taylor; chairs, earthenware, and effects.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)