Norton Tickled Trout
previously known as Plumbers Arms
closed 1999 circa
Woolpit Rd, IP31 3LU
grid reference TL 957 657
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 14/03/2016
The original Plumber's Arms was a 300 year old coaching inn. It was demolished in August 1959 along with the adjacent hall which had also served as a village dance hall.
A new purpose built replacement pub, also named The Plumbers Arms, was built where the hall had been and was ready to open as soon as the old pub was closed. It was built for Bullards at a cost of £9,000.
The new building traded as the Plumbers Arms and was in later years owned by Watneys and Grand Met> Its name was only changed to the Tickled Trout for a couple of years until closure in 1999. It has since been demolished with new housing now built upon the site.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)