Please mind your head upon entering this delightful, friendly but small rural, thatched pub with very low beams in the main bar. In fact the traditionally tiled floor is now much lower (by about a foot) than it once was and is now below ground-level. A more spacious public bar can be noisier and also leads to a games room with pool table and darts. There is always an interesting selection of ales available and a garden to rear of pub offers a nice place to relax on sunny days. Bus stop is on main road.
The building dates from some time in the 17th or 18th centuries.
3 or 4 changing beers [H]
listed building grade II
Naughton is part of the Nedging with Naughton parish
Local licensing authority for Naughton is Babergh
last updated 05/12/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)
Historic picture (1910) in gallery shows a tree stump which has now disappeared as as the large wooden shed. To left end of the building a small, pitched roofed lean-to shed can be seen which was still there in 1975 but has been demolished since - picture supplied by Nancy Gibbon (landlady)