Mildenhall Tiger's Head
closed late-2013 or early-2014
20 High St, IP28 7EQ
grid reference TL 710 746
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 11/04/2015
Found closed and being marketed as an office building when visited in May 2014.
Also listed in Market Place (1840).
Listed at 2 High St. in 1881.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** of February 1860 states that :
James Green Gooch, an attorney's clerk in the office of Messers. Read and Son, was charged with having feloniously stolen a purse containing a £5 note and 4s in silver the property of Mr John Rolfe, landlord of the Tigers Head Inn, Mildenhall. The case was considered at great length by the magistrates who decided on a commitment, admitting Gooch to bail, himself in £100 and two sureties of £50 each.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)