Scroll through other Martlesham Real Ale pubs
Nicely furnished and popular restaurant and two bar venue located on the former main trunk road from Ipswich to Lowestoft (which is now by-passed). The large garden is also well used on sunny days.
Built in 1936 as a tea-room, it was first licensed (for diners ony) on March 14th 1956. It was converted into a pub in the 1970s
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Licensing information from Woodbridge licensing records.
The building dates from 1930s and was once used as tea rooms and enjoyed many associations with the former aerodrome (RAF Martlesham) that is located nearby.