grid reference TM 540 934
opened 1927Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Mon-Sat: 1100-0000
- Sun: 1200-2330
5 changing ales
Local licensing authority for Lowestoft is Waveney district
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 30/01/2019
Lowestoft Mariner's Rest
previously known as: Lacon Arms
Real Ale is available here
60-62 Rotterdam Rd, NR32 2HA
A welcoming community local on the west side of the town centre. The closeness of the cemetery gave the pub its name. The comfortable open-plan interior has a central bar with a TV screen used mainly for showing sporting events. It has a good sized garden with a covered heated smoking area. The pub has raised a considerable amount for local charities. All the real ales and ciders are served by gravity from the cellar in the back room.
The date "1927" appears on one wall, giving us an indication as to when this pub was built.
Beer served through handpulls
Beer served direct from the barrel by gravity
Real draught cider available
Traditional pub games available
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 0.8 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
WiFi available (a charge may apply)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)