Lowestoft Clapham Arms
previously known as Clapham Hotel
119 Bevan St
grid reference TM 547 930
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 11/05/2016
In 1874 White's Directory omnibuses were operating from the Clapham hotel to Southwold daily (but the pub is not named separately in the directory).
Now a branch of Coe's menswear.
Also listed at 120 Bevan Street and Clapham Rd.
1879 Kelly's Directory lists William Punchard at the Anchor, 155 High St.
1881 census does not list an address for the Clapham Hotel, neither 119 nor 120 Bevan St. are listed as pubs.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)