loading
Photo of White Lion

Lower Ufford White Lion

previously known as Lion



Real Ale

Lower St (one mile from main village between church and river), IP13 6DW

01394 460770

grid reference TM 298 520

opened 17th cent (early)

visit website

bar / diner


Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

opening hours:

  • Mon: 1800-2200
  • Tue-Sat: 1130-1400, 1800-2300
  • Sun: 1200-1400
(Times last updated 05/08/2009)

regular real ales

Own-brewed beers + Adnams Bitter, Broadside + Charles Wells Bombardier + guest beer [G]


View in Google Earth

Lower Ufford is part of the Ufford parish


Local licensing authority for Lower Ufford is Suffolk Coastal
last updated 31/12/2014

This unspoilt, 17th century house is sited near to river Deben and is popular with walkers. The owners pride themselves on their fresh, home-cooked fare, which is invariably locally sourced. It is children friendly. Beers are served direct from cask. The pub has a calendar full of events throughout the year, many of them taking place upon the meadow that is adjacent to it.

A new micrcobrewery was installed in 2011, with production starting late May.

Lunchtime meals (not just snacks) Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)

Evening meals Evening meals

Real coal or log fire Real coal or log fire

dogs-welcome Dogs are welcome

children-welcome Children are welcome

station within five miles Railway station within about five miles (see public transport tab for details)

Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox

Car park Car park

Beer garden or other outside drinking area Beer garden or other outside drinking area


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(* from pub website)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)