Long Melford White Hart
Little St Mary's
grid reference TL 862 450
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 16/06/2015
An early-19th century building, now retail premises (Persian carpet shop).
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Feb-02 in 1886 when John Segers was the landlord states that :
A mob of 400 "Yellows" marched from Glemsford to Melford on polling day, as they passed the White Hart stones were thrown breaking windows and a lamp causing £30 worth of damage.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)