Scroll through other Lavenham Real Ale pubs
Thatched pub close to a large public car-park and opposite the famous medieval town church. Stone floor and beams in bar area. Enclosed garden for families to rear. Disabled toilet.
The current pub was built to replace a nearby pub of the same name which was demolished in 1950.
Despite the sign, the pub's name actually refers to a cock horse, which was a strong horse used to pull wagons up a steep hill, such as the one on which the Cock stands.
Local licensing authority for Lavenham is Babergh
last updated 16/11/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)