grid reference TL 708 667
owner Greene Kingemail us
- Tue-Fri: 1100-1500, 1700-2300
- Sat: 1100-2300
- Sun: 1200-1700
- Will reopen Mondays "soon"
regular real ales
listed building grade II
Local licensing authority for Kentford is Forest Heath
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 04/10/2017
previously known as: Old Cock, Cock
Real Ale is available here
Bury Rd (B1506), CB8 7PR
A large country pub whose garden with a play area helps to make it a popular venue for families.
Parts of the building date from about 1600, though it is recorded as early as 1563.
It was renamed the Kentford 2013/2014, though it retains a picture of a cock on the new sign.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Separate public bar
Camping or carvan site within about a mile
Traditional pub games available
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 0.8 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)