Kedington White Horse
opened 17th Cent
last owner Greene King
Sturmer Rd, CB9 7NS
grid reference TL 701 466
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 19/06/2015
Dating from the 19th century, this was a pub offering B&B and a beer garden.
Closed in late 2011 - apparently empty when last visited with most signage removed.
In late 2013/early 2014, planning permission for conversion into residential use was lodged.
Details of pub premises belonging to the Kedington Brewery estate sold, along with the brewery buildings, by auction 13 July 1883***.
Kedington: The White Horse
Situate at the Newmarket entrance to the Village.
The House contains: Tap room, Bar, Bar-Parlour, Kitchen, Cellar and 4 Bedrooms.
The Out-buildings comprise: a double Tenement, part of which has been converted into a Smith’s Shop; with 2 Forges; and a large Assembly Room, used by a Benefit Club and for other gatherings. There is also a long Pin shed and Garden.
Occupied by Mr. William Deeks.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(***Original source of documentation - Suffolk Records Office – transcribed by Graham Nunn)