Tostock Rd, IP30 9AG
grid reference TL 937 632
opened before 1844
owner Old Cannon brewery
- Mon-Tue: 1200-1400, 1600-2130
- Wed: 1600-2130
- Thu-Fri: 1200-1400, 1600-2300
- Sat: 1200-1400, 1700-2300
- Sun: 1200-1600, 1900-2100
- Thu: 1900-2100
- Fri-Sat: 1200-1400, 1900-2100
- Sun: 1200-1500
regular real ales
GreeneKing IPA, Cox & Holbrook + Earl Soham + Woodfordes Wherry [H]
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Beyton is Mid Suffolk
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 19/04/2016
The Bear was run by the same family between 1922 and 2016, when it was acquired by Old Cannon brewery.
It has been updated without spoiling a very traditional building with two bars and separate dining room (for residential use only at present). There is easy access from the A14 as the pub was originally on the main Ipswich to Cambridge road.
Where possible they use locally sourced ingredients, and all meals are cooked in house. Takeaway Fish & Chips are available on Friday evenings 6-7pm.
Beer served through handpulls
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 1.70 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)