Ipswich Isaac's summary from Suffolk Camra
Find pubs near you Android app on Google Play

Android app on Google Play
Photo of Isaac's
Photo of Isaac's

Scroll through other Ipswich Real Ale pubs

Ipswich Isaac's

  • previously known as Malt Kiln, Cobbolds on the Quay
  • 7 Wherry Quay
  • IP4 1AS
  • 01473 259952ring now
  • grid reference TM 168 440
  • opened 1985
  • owner Free House
  • visit website
real ale available
    Restaurant or separate dining areaBus stopstation within a mile
    Overview
    Gallery
    Historical info
    Public transport
    Map/directions


    (Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)


    Note

    Isaac Lord was a local businessman who bought this Ipswich waterfront site from the Cobbold brewing family in 1900. Some buildings date from the early 15C to late 18C, reflecting the site's commercial and industrial use over four centuries.

    During the period of Cobbolds ownership, some buildings were used as a Maltings, and a pub called the Wherry Inn was also located on the site. In 1930, Reginald Cooper joined Isaac Lord's business, helping to grow the firm's corn and coal interests, and eventually becoming the owner of the property.