CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.last updated 16/02/2019
Eye Nursery Groundhistorical era: ancient
All we know about this pub is a reference in the Suffolk Chronicle, July 7th 1838**** which has been summarised as follows :
a new inn called the 'Nursery Ground' was licensed for the sale of beer and spirits. There was an opening dinner for Gentlemen, and tea and fireworks for the ladies, which were numerously attended by every gradation of tag, rag, and bob-tail. The day passed off far beyond expectation, only one lady having her dress burnt off by the fireworks, and one of the gentlemen guests, being suspected of having stolen two pint mugs, was searched and had his throat cut.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)