closed May 2014
The St (A143), IP29 5SN
grid reference TL 825 614
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Horringer is St Edmundsbury
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 15/12/2015
After a long history, this pub was converted into a Thai restaurant which actually did sell Real Ale. In May 2014 it was taken over and closed by Hawthorn Leisure, who have applied for planning permission to convert it into a house. When visited in June 2015, the building was on the market and clearly abandoned.
A local campaign was launched late in 2015 to try to get the pub reopened. For more information about the campaign contact Peter Crofts on 01284 735044 or at petercrofts@bt internet.com.
Built circa 1830, it was a flint faced, cottage style pub with a series of seating areas.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)