Brandon Buffalo's Horn
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 11/04/2015
From The Bury and Norwich Post and Suffolk Herald** on Tue 27 Aug 1861
Mildenhall petty sessions Fri 23 Aug 1861, an application for a full licence was made by Robert Turner, occupier of the Buffalo's Horn beerhouse, at Brandon. It was stated by some of the innkeepers present, that there were two full-licensed houses within about 150 yards of the spot; and with a population of 1200, they already possessed no less than ten public houses and fourteen beerhouses. The bench refused the application.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** Historic newspaper details from Ken Griffin)