Ipswich Maltsters Beerhouse
previously known as Maltster's Arms
closed January 31st, 1912
grid reference TM 163 438
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 11/04/2015
Must have stood in Bell Lane, as the Borough Police licensed premises register shows that beat bobby number 9 would walk past the Old Bell, then the Maltsters, Little Wonder, New Anchor and on to the Boar's Head. This is confirmed by an article in the East Anglian Daily Times (March 2012) which mentions it standing on the corner opposite the Old Bell (though confusing the beerhouse with the Maltsters' Arms which was actually in Quay Street).
Also listed as Maltster's Arms in Stoke St. (See historical section).
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)