Scroll through other Lowestoft closed premises
Historic beer shop & brewery
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 07 Oct in 1848 states that :
Sale for the late Richard FAIRLAM Esq, important freehold & part copyhold proerty. Pleasantly situate in the most preferable part of the Town of Lowestoft, opposite Battery Green, comprising 7 brick-built dwelling houses, capital premises, known as the "Sons of Commerce" Beer Shop. A large pile of buildings, formerly used as a Brewery, with Yards, sheds & Stabling.
last updated 08/12/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)