Join CAMRA online
no picture yet

Weybread Three Rabbits


Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.

last updated 30/06/2015

A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 18 Sep in 1802 states that :

A bankruptcy hearing was held a the sign of the Three Rabbits, Weybread on 23 Sep 1802

A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 02 Apr in 1803 states that :

Auction sale on 20th April, 1803 of The Three Rabbits in Weybread...in the occupation of Henry COOPER

It seems probable that this was actually an older name for Heath House.

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)


Dartmoor Tinners had a symbol or badge in the shape of three rabbits running in a circle - this sometimes appears in church windows such as the medieval glass in Holy trinity church in Long Melford