CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 12/01/2017
Southwold White Lionhistorical era: ancient
closed 1796 circa
In 1796 this pub stood where part of the malt House now stands - near the alley out of Back Street leading to the church.** (Unfortunately, Back Street cannot now be found and it's not clear which church is referred to).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** Reference to pub seen in Southwold Diary of James Maggs (1818-1876) published by Suffolk Records Society in 2007)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)