Scroll through other Stanton closed premises
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Aug-24 in 1869 when Thomas Pooley was the landlord states that:
Thomas Pooley, of Stanton, applied for a full license for a beerhouse kept by him called the Royal Oak. After listening to the pros and cons the Justices refused the license, considering there was no occasion for another house in Stanton.
last updated 24/06/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)