Thrandeston Royal Oakhistorical era: Victorian or Edwardian
closed between 1861 and 1891?
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.last updated 16/04/2016
We have examined the Hartismere licensing records from 1923 to 1962 and found no trace of this pub. It isn't mentioned in the 1909 Rates book. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History lists 2 beerhouses in 1844 but just the Queen's Head in 1891, so evidently it closed between 1861 (the most recent directory entry found) and that year.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)