Hacheston Bottle & Glass
Campsey Ash Rd.
grid reference TM 317 567
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 15/04/2016
Long since closed and was left derelict for many years. Now believed to have been converted to residential use.
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History it was open between the 17th and 19th centuries; beer was apparently drunk on the opposite side of the road to the beerhouse. This source tells us it was two small cottages in 1981, though it isn't clear if one of these cottages was the beerhouse or if they were built on its site.
Shown on the 1902 OS map.
There are two buildings standing here (known as Bottle & Glass Cottages) - presumably one of them was the Bottle & Glass.
Not listed in Victorian Trade directories.
Please contact us if you have more information about this pub.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)