Ipswich Druids Head Innhistorical era: ancient
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 16/05/2016
A report in the Suffolk Chronicle** on 6th February, 1813 states that :
Public House, now in full trade, to be let and entered upon immediately. Coming in about £200"
(subsequently further notice on 13/02/1813)
confirms that John CHAMBERLAIN has taken the inn & intends to continue his previous profession as a farrier in Washbrook, from the new premises as well as run the house.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)