Newmarket Three Tuns
grid reference TL 643 634
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 28/08/2015
Appears on the 1901 OS map in what we assume was the Market Place.
An 1891 photograph of the Three Tuns at the Newmarket Shops website shows it to have been at this location.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 02 Aug in 1843 states that :
James CLARK, formerly of the Greyhound Inn, has entered the Three Tuns, Newmarket, for many years conducted by Mr TILBROOK. Good, Home-brewed Beer.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)