Burgh Castle Burgh Castle
closed between 1907 and 1909?
grid reference TG 479 052
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
Included in this guide for historical reasons, as this area was part of Suffolk until 1974.
Set behind trees, well back from any public road, our photo shows the best view of the old pub that can be got without trespassing.
Appears as a pub on the OS maps for 1885 and 1907, but is shown on the 1928 map as "Castle House". It isn't listed as a pub in the 1909 Rate book, so must have closed by then.
Shown here on the 1984 OS map.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)