loading
Join CAMRA online
Photo of Queen's Head
firstlastnextlast

Haverhill Queen's Head



Real Ale

9 Queen St, CB9 9DZ

01440 702026

grid reference TL 671 456

opened 1470

owner free house


Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

opening hours:

  • 12-11
  • 12-10.30 (Sun)
(Times last updated 24/12/2008)

regular real ales

Nethergate Augustinian & Suffolk County


listed building grade II


View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Haverhill is St Edmundsbury
last updated 06/04/2015

The oldest building in town (it dates from 1470). Grade 2 listed with a rare Crown Post roof. It has a good ambiance & beer quality.

One of only three remaining mediaeval buildings in Haverhill; it survived the great fire of 1667, which had destroyed most of the town. (One of the other two survivors is also a pub - the Rose & Crown)***

Beer served through handpulls Beer served through handpulls

Traditional separate public bar Traditional separate public bar

Traditional pub games available Traditional pub games available

dogs-welcome Dogs are welcome

children-welcome Children are welcome

Pub is accessible to disabled customers Pub is accessible to disabled customers

Bus stop Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)

Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox

Car park Car park


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(**** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA members since 1978)