Scroll through other Boxted closed premises
According to the Listed Buildings Register,
Street House was originally the farmhouse to Street Farm until the mid-C19 when it was converted into the Kings Head public house. It continued in this use until the mid-C20 before being converted back into a house. It is marked as part of Street Farm on the 1843-1894 OS map, which appears to show the house divided into two, with the smaller left hand block perhaps functioning as a separate cottage.
The building itself dates from the 16th century.
listed building grade II
last updated 18/05/2011
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)