Photo of Turk's Head

Hasketon Turk's Head

previously known as: Chequer

Real Ale

Low Rd, IP13 6JG

01394 610 343

grid reference TM 247 506

opened 16th cent

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

opening hours:

  • 10am - 11pm Mon to Thur
  • 11am - 8pm Sunday
  • 10am to midnight Fri and sat.

food times:

  • Mon - Sat: 1200 - 1500, 1800 - 2100
  • Sun: 1100 - 1800
  • Open for cakes, tea and coffee from 1000 Mon - Sat and from 1100 Sundays.
(Times last updated 14/04/2016)

regular real ales

Adnames - varies, Morland - Speckled Hen, Woodfordes - Wherry

guest beers

There are 2 local beers on handpumps which change regularly.

listed building grade II

View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Hasketon is Suffolk Coastal

CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.

last updated 11/12/2016

A cosy two room timber framed pub with a restaurant, set in extensive gardens. The drinking area near the bar includes a large fireplace. They have a two acre garden, a large outdoor seating area, 2 beautiful Petanque pistes (the village team play on Sundays), and an outdoor fireplace, bicycle racks and a large parking area.

Welcomes dogs, muddy boots and muddy children!

The building dates from the 17th century; the brickwork dates from the 19th century.

Beer served through handpulls Beer served through handpulls

Lunchtime meals (not just snacks) Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)

Evening meals Evening meals

Restaurant or separate dining area Restaurant or separate dining area

Separate public bar Separate public bar

Pub sells beer from local brewers Pub sells beer from local brewers

Traditional pub games available Traditional pub games available

Real fire Real fire

dogs-welcome Dog friendly

children-welcome Family friendly

Pub is accessible to disabled customers Pub is accessible to disabled customers

station 2.3 miles away Railway station about 2.3 miles away (see public transport tab for details)

parking parking

Beer garden or other outside drinking area Beer garden or other outside drinking area

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)