previously known as Bugle
closed early 1900s?
grid reference TM 026 425
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 12/03/2016
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on Jul-26 in 1884 when John Moye was the landlord states that the beerhouse was Sold to the Boxford Brewery for £300.
The 1911 Census shows William Barr (Retired Innkeeper, Father/Widower/80/born Hadleigh) living with Arthur Edwin Barr (Grocer, 74 High St., Head/Married/44/born Hadleigh) [Possible address of former pub?]
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(pub location & census data supplied by Roy Welham)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)