Harkstead Bakers' Arms
The Street, IP9 1BT
grid reference TM 187 347
opened late 19th century
- Mon: closed (open 1100-1700 bank holidays)
- Tue-Sat: 1200-1500, 1800-2300
- Sun: 1200-1700 (bank holidays 1200-2230)
- Tue-Wed: 1200-1400, 1830-2100
- Thu: 1200-1400, 1900-2100
- Fri: 1200-1400, 1900-2130
- Sat: 1200-1430, 1900-2130
- Sun: 1200-1500 (bank holidays 1830-2030)
regular real ales
Woodfordes Wherry & up to 5 Guest beers [H]
View in Google Earth
Local licensing authority for Harkstead is Babergh
last updated 25/08/2015
A traditional two bar Victorian pub in a rural location which offers good quality beer and food.
Please book in advance for food to avoid disappointment (bookings only Saturday).
The public bar retains some etched windows. Occasional live music. Quiz on Monday evening.
Originally a shop, it only became a pub late in the 19th century.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Traditional separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Real coal or log fire
Dogs are welcome
Children are welcome
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
WiFi available (a charge may apply)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)