Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
The Britannia Inn stood where the Lattice Barn now stands. The latter pub was opened in 1910, so the Britannia was probably demolished just before this.
Due to boundary changes, the Britannia was originally listed as being in Rushmere St Andrew.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on Aug-05 in 1882 when Robert Thompson was the landlord states that :
A group of men and women broke into the Britania (in Woodbridge Road) during the early hours of a morning. They were caught playing games and drinking the pubs beer and charged with theft. At their trial they were found not guilty as they had "taken too much drink"
last updated 03/04/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)