previously known as: Black Bullhistorical era: before 1840
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 30/07/2015
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 31 Jan 1747 states :
To be lett, the Bull Inn at Brandon. Enquire of Mr Samuel Browne & Co. Merchants in Lynn.(The house was still being advertised in July 1747)
In 1780, stagecoaches from Swaffham were advertised as calling at the Bull.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Robert Grimsy, from the Angel, Bramford has taken the Chequer Inn, in St Matthew's parish, Ipswich, where any person for their Conveniency, may set up sacks of Corn
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)