Sudbury Beehive Inn
previously known as Cock Inn
76 North St
grid reference TL 873 415
View in Google Earth
last updated 14/04/2015
Cock Inn mentioned in the Ipswich Journal** in 1743.
Name changed to Beehive sometime between 1881 and 1891 censuses.
July 16th 1743
All persons indebted to the late John Southgate, late of Sudbury in Suffolk are desired to pay the same to Edward Ewer of Belchamp who will attend the Cock Inn at Sudbury in order to receive the same on the 7th of August.
Map location assumes the street numbering scheme is unchanged.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)