Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
Often abbreviated to Ark. Earliest references of the Noah’s Ark date from 1653.
Known to have been trading in 1735, but had closed by the 1800s. Was in St Clement's Parish and very close to site of current Lord Nelson.
In 1672 the local Headboroughs ordered William Stephens to repair his pavement. The Noah’s Ark was an Inn rather than just a tavern or alehouse and records for billeting soldiers can also be found from this time.
last updated 30/12/2012
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)