previously known as: Sheershistorical era: before 1840
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 11/04/2015
Known to have been trading in 1744 as the Sheers, but had closed by the 1880s.
Listed as the Shears in St Margaret St.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)