Ipswich Crown & Chequer
St Margaret's Green
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 23/08/2015
A reference in the Ipswich Journal*** on 03 Sep 1743 to the Crown and Chequer on St Margaret's Green, Ipswich
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 14 Aug 1756 states : Cocking at the Crown and Chequer on St Margaret's Green...Wm. Anderson
had closed by the 1880s.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)