CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 10/01/2017
Ipswich Maltsters' Armshistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed July 8th, 1907
In 1888 the Maltsters' Arms was reported to be in a state of dilapidation, with features being removed for use in Felix Cobbold's home in Felixstowe.
It must have stood somewhere near where we've mapped it, as according to the Borough Police licensed premises register, a bobby on beat number 3 would walk past it after the Half Moon, before continuing (presumably up Turret Lane) to the Plough.
The closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)