Hadleigh Anchor Inn
previously known as Barley Mow, Standard
opened 1661 circa
closed 1927 circa
grid reference TM 022 429
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 12/03/2016
Called Standard from 1661 to 1836**
Called Barley Mow from 1837 to 1871**
Called Anchor from 1871 to 1927**
Elisabeth Scrivener is recorded at the Barley Mow in another pub located in Benton St in 1844 (later called the Falcon) but by 1855 she is recorded here when this beer house was also called the Barley Mow.
Rebuilt by 1892 when it was recorded as the Anchor.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** Historical details from Bob Mitchell)