Stowmarket Queens Head (Bury St)
previously known as Bell
opened 1666 circa
last updated 16/04/2013
Advertised for demolition in the Ipswich Journal (Dec 1857 & Mar 1858) sometime soon after it finally closed.
A new pub of same name opened in Station Rd soon after.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)