previously known as Barley Mow
63 Benton St
grid reference TM 028 419
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 19/10/2015
Called the Barley Mow until about 1844. Reputedly the name changed at about the time that the pub was purchased by Falcon Brewery (of Ipswich), who liked to call most of their pubs by that name. Not to be confused with Barley Mow listed in Bridge St (later the Anchor).
The building is now residential.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(Historic details supplied by Bob Mitchell)