Mildenhall White Swanhistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 20/04/2016
Also listed in West St in 1865
A report in the Bury & Norfolk Post & Suffolk Herald** on 30 Aug in 1881 states that :
Reference to William MORLEY, who applied for a licence for the Swan Inn, Mildenhall.- Supt. Glazier raised objections, saying that Morley lived in a filthy condition, harboured his two sons who had appeared before the Bench for disorderly conduct on several occasions, and he was not a fit person to take charge of a public house. Also in the memorial presented, there were only one or two names of persons who lived near at hand. - The Magistrates adjourned the case for a fortnight.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)